Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
From Taste of Home. We love the flavors and textures in this salad. It is popular at home as well as at potlucks. Plan ahead as it needs to chill for 6 hours or overnight.
- 1 (16 ounce) package rotini pasta
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagesliced pepperoni, halved
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1⁄2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 4 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup olive oil or 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup lemon juice
- Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with.
- cold water.
- Place in a large salad bowl.
- Add the next 12 ingredients;mix well.
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, shake oil and lemon juice.
- Pour over salad and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- Stir before serving.
- Yield: 12-16 servings.