This is a delicious side dish salad! If you find arugula too peppery, make the salad with mixed baby lettuce instead. Also, for a meatless version, omit the salami and add mini mozzarella balls, which I love. Recipe is from Woman's World.
- 1⁄4 cup bottled Italian vinaigrette dressing
- 2 tablespoons drained sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, finely chopped
- 4 cups baby arugula leaves
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices (about 1 cup)
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1⁄3 cup pitted black olives, such as Kalamata
- 1⁄2 cup drained artichoke heart, quartered
- 6 slices deli sliced provolone cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 6 slices deli-sliced salami, such as soppressata (3 ounces)
- In bowl, whisk together dressing and sun-dried tomatoes; reserve.
- Arrange arugula on platter.
- Top with rows of celery and tomatoes on one side and olives and artichoke hearts on the other.
- Fold slices of cheese and salami into quarters; arrange in center of salad.
- Drizzle salad with dressing.