Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
I like this especially in the summer.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- In large bowl, stir together oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, and salt and pepper.
- Toss with warm macaroni to coat well.
- Toss with Parmesan.
- Cover, and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
- Add broccoli, pepperoni, and tomatoes; toss well.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, and serve.
Antipasto actually means before pasta. It's the italian word for appetizer. There can be pasta in it, or not (and for the record, macaroni is not pasta anyway). So ignore cranky people who just want to rain on your parade.
I don't care what it's called it's GREAT!! I added some olives and took it to a pot luck a few weeks ago, what a hit!! Thank you so much for sharing. :)
I hate to disappoint the person who entered this recipe, but it is not an antipasto salad...Antipasto really means no pasta, no macaroni...This recipe is actually a pasta salad.