Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
I made this for our Christmas party and it was big hit! I made it a day ahead for maximum flavor. I used a large can of ripe olives since DH loves them. Cooking time is marinating time. While it may not meet the definition of a "true" antipasto, it is delicious and has just the right amount of ingredients.
- 1 (24 ounce) jar pepperoncini peppers, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans or 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups halved fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 lb provolone cheese, cubed
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted ripe olives
- 3 1⁄2 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian vinaigrette dressing
- red leaf lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine the pepperoncini, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, cheese, olives, and pepperoni.
- Pour vinaigrette over all and mix gently.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes ~ overnight is best.
- Arrange on a lettuce-lined platter and serve with toothpicks.
Sorry, but this is no way a full antipasto. There is no way enough meats & cheeses, etc..