Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this a few years ago off of another website and have changed it up a little to suit our tastes. This is great layered as instructed in the recipe or for more finger type eating I leave out the lettuce and just kind of roll everything up and arrange. Makes a ton -- but I never have left overs!
- 2 heads iceberg lettuce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- 1 lb thinly sliced cooked ham (I used Krakus)
- 1 lb sliced provolone cheese
- 1⁄2 lb genoa salami, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb pepperoni
- 1⁄4 lb capicola (mild if you can find it, I rarely can, but the hot is good, I just use less)
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 lb thinly sliced roast beef
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms (I try to get smaller ones)
- 1 (6 ounce) can marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 (7 ounce) jars roasted red peppers
- 1 (14 ounce) can black olives
- 1 cup pepperoncini pepper
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mozzarella ball (the ones I get are smaller than golf balls)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Remove large outer leaves from lettuce.
- Arrange about 1/3 of the lettuce in a layer on a large serving platter (I leave about a 1-inch rim between the lettuce and the edge of platter).
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of the garlic powder, 1/3 of the oregano and desired amount of salad dressing.
- Layer with ham and Provolone cheese.
- On top of the Provolone, layer another 1/3 each of the lettuce, garlic powder and oregano and desired amount of salad dressing.
- Then layer Genoa and Capacola.
- Repeat layering with remaining lettuce, garlic powder, oregano, salad dressing, pepperonis, prosciutto and roast beef.
- Layer roasted red peppers and artichoke hearts on top and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- In the area around the rim arrange the black olives, mushrooms, pepperoncini and mozzarella balls.