From Recipe= and their Mini Munchies feature.
Make and share this Antipasto Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- 4 pita pockets (15cm)
- 59.14 ml pizza sauce
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- 75 g salami (shaved hot coarsely chopped)
- 100 g char-grilled eggplants (drained coarsely chopped)
- 100 g artichoke hearts (4 marinated and quartered)
- 100 g roasted red peppers (or char grilled thinly sliced)
- 59.14 ml kalamata olive (pitted chopped)
- 100 g mozzarella cheese (thinly sliced)
- 59.14 ml basil leaves (baby)
- Preheat oven to 220C (200C fan forced).
- Grease 2 baking trays.
- Place pita bread on prepared trays and spread with pizza sauce and then sprinkle with parmesan and then top with salami, eggplant, artichoke, capsicum and olives.
- Arrange mozzarella pieces over pizzas and then bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until bases are crisp.
- Serve sprinkled with basil.
- VARIATIONS - Use grated tasty cheese instead of mozzarella or you could use any marinated vegetables, such as mushrooms, zucchinis and sun-dried tomatoes and could be made on garlic bread or bruschetta instead of pita pockets.
This was absolutely delicious! I made exactly as posted, except I used whole-wheat flatbreads, which were essentially the same size as pitas. I used sliced hot sopressata, which was what I was able to find. Totally wonderful!