Recipe by LilPinkieJ
This is the most delicious salad I've had in a long time. The dressing is just fabulous and is included with the recipe. The taste is very fresh. This is perfect for lunch, or a potluck.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
First of all, I halved the recipe. I could not find whole wheat pasta shells, but wanted to keep with the healthy intent, so I substituted whole wheat rotini. I could not find turkey pepperoni, then realized I don't really like pepperoni, so I left it out. Everything else was as written. It was very tasty and would be great for a potluck or cookout. I'm sure I will be enjoying this frequently. Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.
- 4 ounces medium whole wheat pasta shells
- 2 (16 ounce) jars giardiniera
- 1 lb fresh broccoli florets
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces hard salami, cubed
- 7 ounces lean deli ham, cubed
- 3 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni, halved
- 1 large green pepper, cut into chunks
- 4 ounces sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, drain giardiniera, reserving 3/4 cup liquid.
- In a large bowl, combine giardiniera, broccoli, mozzarella, salami, ham, pepperoni, green pepper and olives. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stir into meat mixture.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, pepper, salt and reserved giardiniera liquid. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.