Prep 25 mins
Cook 13 mins
This is an unbelievably delicious pasta salad - it has to be with all that good stuff that goes in. Next picnic, bbq, pot-luck or get-together, this will get all the raves.
- 1 lb fusilli, cooked until al dente,drained,rinsed under cold water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, soaked in hot water for 5 minutes and drained well (not packed in oil)
- 1⁄2 lb smoked mozzarella cheese, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 (1 lb) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces sliced hard salami, cut into julienne strips (preferably air-dried)
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 10 -20 small bottled pepperoncini peppers (pickled Tuscan peppers)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried hot pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup loosely-packed basil, minced
- 1 cup loosely-packed parsley, minced
- In a blender, blend garlic, mustard, vinegar, water, oil and salt to taste, until emulsified.
- In a very large bowl, toss pasta with the dressing and stir in all remaining ingredients.
- May be made up to 2 days in advance.
What a wonderful mix of goodies. Just delicious and not nearly as time consuming as the list of ingredients might suggest. Leftovers will be welcomed. Very, VERY good.
This was surprisingly easy and quick to prepare; don't be put off by the long list of ingredients. I substituted marinated artichoke hearts for the sun-dried tomatoes, since no one else in the household will touch a tomato. I will leave out the chick peas next time, not because they didn't taste good, but because to me they just didn't "blend in" as well as the other ingredients. This was a perfect light dinner, and a nice change of pace. I definitely recommend this recipe.
This is the perfect salad for an outdoor BBQ. I loved the flavor of the smoky mozzrella cheese. This one is really loaded with all kind of good stuff that go together real well. Don't let the long list of ingredients fool ya. This one goes together quickly and I kept it in the refrigerator until we were ready. Thanks evelyn.