Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious salad that only takes minutes to prepare. I got this from a co-worker
- 1 (12 ounce) package rotelle pasta, macaroni
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 lb hard salami, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium red onion, cut into rings
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 3⁄4 cup wish-bone Italian dressing
- Cook macaroni according to the package.
- Drain, and then rinse with cold water until it is cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Add macaroni, and toss well.
- Chill, or serve at room temperature.
Such a simple, easy and great tasting salad.
The whole family enjoyed this, and the only change I made was to omit the olives (family hate them) and use sun-dried tomatoes instead. The hardest part of making this recipe is cooing the pasta!!!! lol
This is the perfect salad to serve on a hot summer's night and the colours just look great together.
This was a real hit at the barbecue lunch we went to today. I used kalamata olives and ordinary macaroni, and dressed the salad with my Italian Salad Dressing (no Wishbone in Australia). Your recipe has everything going for it -- great flavours, lovely colours, easy-to-make and perfect for a crowd. I think you could alter the yield to say it serves 10-12. Thanks for posting.
We really enjoyed this salad along with cheeseburgers for dinner. I used shell macaroni because I was out of rotini and left out the green peppers because 4 out of 6 family members dislike them. I added green olives along with the black to make up for it! I had to add a little extra dressing after it was refrigerated awhile because the pasta soaked it up. The salami and Parmesan add that extra little something that I don't usually use in pasta salad. Thanks for posting!