Recipe by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
A family favorite for years. Think color and you will have a beautiful pasta salad. Serve over a bed of lettuce and you have a complete meal. Ingredient amounts can be modified to suit your taste. Toss in some cooked chicken, and VOILA, dinner is served!
Top Review by FrenchBunny
This was a delicious salad and so colorfull. I cut the recipe in half since we were only two and it still made a whole lot. I followed the recipe except I didn't add any carrots or artichokes. This was a very filling salad with all those delicious ingredients. I made the salad the night before and then had it for lunch the next day. I just added extra dressing before serving. I had used Recipe #42613 for the dressing and it was really good. Thanks for a sharing a wonderful recipe Chicagoland Chef. This is another keeper.
- 8 -12 ounces tricolor corkscrew macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup green olives or 1⁄4 cup black olives, sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced with tops
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 medium seedless cucumber, peeled, seeded, sliced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 3 ounces cheese, cubes ie. cheddar, pepper jack
- 3 ounces salami, cubes
- 4 ounces artichoke hearts, marinated, quartered
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli floret, bite size pieces
- 8 ounces balsamic vinaigrette, ie. Newman's Own Lighten Up
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water, cool.
- Prepare all veggies, cheese and meats. Slice and cut to desired size. Set aside in a medium to large bowl. Add cooled pasta to bowl. Dress with vinaigrette dressing to coat. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Cover and refrigerate at least 60 minutes.
- Before serving, add more vinaigrette as needed.