A family favorite for years. Think color and you will have a beautiful pasta salad. Serve over a bed of lettuce and you have a complete meal. Ingredient amounts can be modified to suit your taste. Toss in some cooked chicken, and VOILA, dinner is served!
- 8 -12 ounces tricolor corkscrew macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup green olives or 1⁄4 cup black olives, sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced with tops
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 medium seedless cucumber, peeled, seeded, sliced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 3 ounces cheese, cubes ie. cheddar, pepper jack
- 3 ounces salami, cubes
- 4 ounces artichoke hearts, marinated, quartered
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli floret, bite size pieces
- 8 ounces balsamic vinaigrette, ie. Newman's Own Lighten Up
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water, cool.
- Prepare all veggies, cheese and meats. Slice and cut to desired size. Set aside in a medium to large bowl. Add cooled pasta to bowl. Dress with vinaigrette dressing to coat. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Cover and refrigerate at least 60 minutes.
- Before serving, add more vinaigrette as needed.