Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a good basic antipasto pasta salad recipe. Uses bottled Italian dressing for ease, of course you could substitute your homemade. Trio Italiano pasta is a Skinner brand, has shells, rotino, and spiral pasta; you can substitute just shells or just spiral or any combination you like. This recipe comes straight from the package of pasta.
- 12 ounces trio italiano pasta (1 bag)
- 1⁄2 lb cubed salami
- 1⁄2 lb cubed provolone cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3⁄4 cup pitted black olives
- 3⁄4 cup green pepper strip
- 1 (2 ounce) jarsliced pimiento, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water to cool quickly.
- In large bowl, toss cooled pasta with remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
This was a very good salad. I left out the pimento, but added a little more dressing, and halved the olives, too, since it seemed to fit better with the sliced tomatoes. It's very basic, and superfast, which was nice. It has a nice flavor, too. Thanks, and this will definitely be made again in our home.