1/3 Photos of Antipasto Pasta Salad
Roxygirl in Colorado's Note:
This pasta salad is adapted from Gourmet Magazine and tastes like it came from an Italian Deli. Update: I wanted to add that I like to double the dressing and add more before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb rotini pasta (corkscrew-shaped pastas) or 1/2 lb fusilli (corkscrew-shaped pastas)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 ounce sun-dried tomato, not packed in oil, soaked in hot water for 5 minutes and drained well
- 1/4 lb smoked mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 8 ounces canned garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/4 ounces sliced hard salami, cut into julienne strips
- 5 -10 bottled small pepperoncini peppers (pickled Tuscan peppers)
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced
- 1In a kettle of boiling salted water cook the rotini until it is tender and drain.
- 2Refresh the pasta under cold water and drain well.
- 3In a blender blend the garlic, the mustard, the vinegars, the water, the oil, and salt, to taste, until the dressing is emulsified.
- 4In a very large bowl toss the pasta well with the dressing and stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, the mozzarella, the garbanzos, the salami, the Tuscan peppers, the red pepper flakes, and the parsley.
- 5Chill the salad, covered, for 1 hour.
- 6The salad may be made 2 days in advance and kept covered and chilled.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Antipasto Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.4
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 31.2 mg
- Sodium 1678.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 20.2 g