Recipe by j*e*n*n*y
It is like an antipasto pasta. You can add sides like bruschetta and a romaine - radicchio salad. so they say.
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small shallot, halved
- 1 cup pitted olives in brine, drained
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 6 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1 lb ziti pasta
- 4 ounces spicy salami, 1/8 in-thick-slices, cut into matchstick, size strips
- 1 cup coarsely grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Char broil peppers over pen flame on gas stove or broil in oven.
- Put peppers in a paper bag and cool completely, then peel, stem, and seed the peppers.
- Cut peppers into 1/4 in wide strips.
- Chop garlic and shallot coarsely.
- Add olives, parsley, olive oil, and oregano and chop coarsely. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until al dente'. Drain.
- Return pasta to pot and mix in all ingredients (toss to combine.).
- Serve warm or let stand at room temperature for no more than 2 hours.