Recipe by Outta Here
A nice summertime dish. Needs to be started the day before serving.
Top Review by momaphet
This is a great combination, enjoyed all the flavors together. I loved the balsamic onions with the items more commonly found on an antipasti plate. I made as written except for using white onions instead of red, and reducing the serving size. I used both the parm and the asiago but preferred the parmesan. Thanks Mikekey for sharing, I think I found my summer party dish! Made for ZWT 7 by a Food.commando
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large red onions, peeled, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- 1⁄2 lb prosciutto ham, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs strawberries, cleaned, with stems left on
- 1⁄3 lb parmesan cheese or 1⁄3 lb asiago cheese, very thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- The day before serving, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the onions and quickly sauté just until they begin to soften, about 4 minutes. Stir in 2 tbls. of the vinegar, stirring to coat. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Two hours before serving, remove the onions from refrigeration and stir in the remaining vinegar.
- Roll each slice of prosciutto loosely and arrange at one end of a large platter; pile the strawberries in the center and the onions at the other end. Tuck the slices of cheese around the platter and serve.