- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus, bottoms trimmed and stems peeled (stems about 1/2 inch thick)
- 4 cups red leaf lettuce, torn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, preferably yellow
- 3 tablespoons parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In wide skillet, place asparagus, cover with water, and bring to a boil.
- Cook until crisp-tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Drain and set aside to cool.
- On platter, arrange lettuce, and when asparagus stalks are cool, arrange them on top in center with all of the spears pointing in one direction.
- Scatter tomatoes about and sprinkle with cheese, olive oil and salt.