Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this in a mushroom growers leaflet. Looks pretty good to me.
- 4 large flat mushrooms (about 125g each)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 large marinated artichokes, thinly sliced
- 60 g small sun-dried tomatoes
- 60 g roasted marinated red capsicums, chopped
- 80 g olives, pitted, chopped
- 60 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- ground black pepper
- Preheat grill (broiler) to medium-high.
- Brush both sides of mushrooms with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Place stalk side up onto grill tray and cook for 6 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add breadcrumbs and cook, stirring frequently for 5-6 minutes or until golden.
- Add artichokes, tomatoes, capsicum, and olives to pan and cook, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add feta and thyme.
- Place mushrooms onto serving plates, top with antipasto mix and season with pepper.
- Serve with crusty bread if desired.
This was an excellent, elegant appetizer. The feta gave it an extra touch. I used 1 cup of breadcrumbs and it turned out fine, the only thing I added was ground black pepper.