Recipe by LILLIANCOOKS
I was looking for a different kind of grilled cheese sandwich and this is what I came up with! It really hits the spot!
Top Review by The Spice Guru
This is wonderful! What a great way to make a gourmet grilled cheese sandwich -- one so delicious at that! I will never make an "ordinary" grilled cheese sandwich again! Thanks, LILLIANCOOKS! Made for PAC Spring 2011.
- 2 slices white bread
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1 slice of mozzerella cheese (thick slice)
- 1⁄2 roasted red pepper, from a jar
- 1 marinated artichoke, heart, jarred
- 2 slices hard salami
Directions See How It's Made
- Blot dry the roasted red pepper.
- Slice the marinated artichoke heart in half, then press it to flatten.
- Set these ingredients aside.
- Melt butter in a non stick skillet over med/low heat.
- Dip one side of each slice of bread in the melted butter and set aside.
- Place one slice of bread, buttered side down, in the skillet.
- Top with mozzerella, salami, roasted red pepper, and artichoke halves.
- Place other piece of bread ontop, buttered side up, and grill for about 2 minutes, pressing down on the sandwich the entire time. Check to see that the bottom is browning. Then flip the sandwich over and repeat cooking process to brown the other side.
- Slice in half and serve warm.