1/1 Photo of Antipasto for Dinner
Halcyon Eve's Note:
I adapted this from a cookbook. My husband and I love it. We eat it room temp most of the time, but it's nice chilled in hot weather, too. The kinds of veggies are pretty flexible - add or subtract whatever veggies you like. You can also change the types of vinegars to suit your taste. Times are estimates and cook time is counted as prep time since I prep one veggie while steaming another. Serve with warm, crusty bread for a delicious dinner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mixed Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 slice onion
- 1 -2 garlic clove, peeled and cut in half
- 1 cup baby summer squash, trimmed (I used finger-sized zucchini and radish-sized pattypan)
- 1 cup tiny green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup snap peas, trimmed
- 1 cup baby carrots, cut in halves or quarters lengthwise unless very thin
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 8 mushrooms, trimmed and cut into halves or quarters (I use crimini)
- 1 cup broccoli floret, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 bell pepper, roasted (see instructions)
- 8 ounces lowfat mozzarella cheese, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 12 olives (I use pitted kalamata olives)
- 1 (6 ounce) can albacore tuna in water, drained
- 4 cups baby greens
- 1Mix together first nine ingredients (oil, vinegars, and seasonings).
- 2Place garbonzo beans into a bowl, top with onion slice and garlic cloves, and pour 2 tbsp dressing over the top. Refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- 3Prepare vegetables and steam each until crisp-tender. Rinse under cold water, drain, and set each aside.
- 4To roast bell pepper, cut into halves, remove seeds and membranes, and place cut side down on a foil-covered baking sheet. Broil pepper until skin blackens and blisters. Remove from broiler and immediately wrap each half in wetted paper towels. Place pepper halves in a paper bag, fold top down, and set aside for 5 minutes. Remove pepper halves from bad, unwrap, and remove skin. Rinse under cold water, cut into strips, and set aside.
- 5Remove onion and garlic from garbonzos. Drain marinade and reserve.
- 6Place greens on a large platter or in a large, shallow bowl (such as a large pasta serving bowl).
- 7Arrange vegetables, cheese, olives, and tuna attractively over bed of greens.
- 8Combine reserved marinade and dressing; pour over antipasto.
- 9Serve room temperature.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Antipasto for Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (584 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 674.5
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 55.0 mg
- Sodium 1027.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 36.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed Italian herbs