Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Yummy little bites full of cream cheese, roasted red pepper, salami and artichoke hearts.
- 2 ounces cream cheese (do not use reduced-fat or fat-free cream cheese)
- 1 (8 ounce) package crescent roll dough
- 1 egg, water, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water, beaten
- 4 slices roasted red peppers, 3x3/4 inch
- 2 large marinated artichoke hearts, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 slice genoa salami or 1 slice other salami, cut into 4 strips
- 4 small stuffed green olives, cut into halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut cream cheese into 16 equal pieces, about 1 teaspoon per piece; set aside.
- Remove dough from package. Unroll on lightly floured surface. Cut each dough triangle in half lengthwise to form 2 triangles. Brush edges of triangles lightly with egg mixture.
- Wrap 1 red pepper strip around 1 piece of cream cheese. Place on dough triangle; fold over and pinch edges to seal. Place 1 piece of artichoke heart and 1 piece of cream cheese on dough triangle; fold over and pinch edges to seal. Wrap 1 salami strip around 1 piece of cream cheese. Place on dough triangle; fold over and pinch edges to seal. Place 2 olive halves and 1 piece of cream cheese on dough triangle; fold over and pinch edges to seal. Repeat with remaining red pepper strips, artichoke pieces, salami strips, olives, cream cheese and dough triangles. Place filled triangles evenly spaced on ungreased baking sheet. Brush with egg mixture.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Note: Bites may be made ahead. Cool and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To serve, reheat on baking sheet in preheated 325°F oven 7 to 8 minutes or until warmed through. Do not microwave.