Recipe by Mary Close
Whenever I make this recipe at my home or to bring to parties, at least 3 or 4 people ask for the recipe. It seems involved, but it's easy and so worth it. Our friend call it "the" appetizer.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 (12 ounce) jarof mancini sweet roasted red peppers (You can use Cento or Progresso or whatever other brand is available)
- 1⁄4 lb baked ham
- 1⁄4 lb swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 lb genoa salami
- 1⁄4 lb provolone cheese
- 1⁄4 lb pepperoni
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a 9 x 13 ungreased baking pan, unroll one package of crescent rolls, sealing perforations and press dough to edges of pan.
- Top the crescent roll dough with the ham, swiss, salami, provolone and the pepperoni.
- Slice the roasted peppers into strips, and lay them on top of the pepperoni layer.
- Beat 2 eggs with the Parmesan cheese, and pour over the roasted peppers.
- Top with the second package of crescent rolls, again sealing the perforations as best as you can and pressing dough to the edges of the pan.
- Beat the last egg and spread on top of the dough.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake until golden brown, 10-15 minutes more.
- Let sit at least 10 minutes before cutting into 2 inch squares.
- Serve warm.