1/1 Photo of Antipasto Bread
1 hr 10 mins
I LOVE making this!! It can be a wonderful lunch or an appetizer! :)Great to take to picnics and the beach! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small red sweet bell pepper
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 loaves frozen bread dough, thawed 1 lb. each
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 lb good provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb genoa hard salami, thinly sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- poppy seed
- 1Core and seed peppers and cut lengthwise into 1/4" strips.
- 2Heat oil in large skillet, add peppers, and saute over medium heat til just tender.
- 3Drain on papertowels.
- 4Line baking sheets with foil.
- 5On lightly floured surface, roll out one loaf bread dough into a 14" x 8" rectangle.
- 6(Dough shrinks, so let it relax and re-roll til it stays in shape.).
- 7Brush dough with beaten egg.
- 8Using half of the cheese and half of the salami, layer on cheese first, then salami, leaving a slight edge of dough all the way around.
- 9Sprinkle with half of the black olives.
- 10Place half of the peppers down along long edge, not all over.
- 11Sprinkle whole top lightly with oregano.
- 12Stretch long edge over the peppers, and continue rolling securely, jellyroll-style.
- 13Pinch/seal edge and ends.
- 14Place bread diagonally on baking sheet.
- 15Repeat all with second loaf.
- 16Cover loaves loosely with a lightly damp cloth towel and let rise in warm place for 30-45 minutes.
- 17Heat oven to 350.
- 18Brush loaves with egg.
- 19Make 6-7 slashes on top of each loaf.
- 20Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- 21Bake 25-30 minutes.
- 22Serve warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Antipasto Bread
Serving Size: 1 (826 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1045.6
- Calories from Fat 734
- Total Fat 81.6 g
- Saturated Fat 34.6 g
- Cholesterol 376.6 mg
- Sodium 3734.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 62.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen bread dough