This is a nice assortment of veggies and cheese to take to a picnic or potluck, and is quick and easy to put together! You can make the vinaigrette ahead of time, if you like. From Cooking Light. Prep time includes chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups sliced pencil-thin asparagus (in 2-inch pieces, about 3/4 pound)
- 3 cups quartered button mushrooms (about 3/4 pound, I like crimini mushrooms)
- 1 cup red bell pepper, strips
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe black olives
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed (about 1 cup)
- 1 (14 ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) jar pickled pepperoncini peppers, drained
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1Prepare a bowl of ice water.
- 2In a covered pan, steam the sliced asparagus for 4 minutes; drain and plunge the asparagus into the ice water, then drain well.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, mushrooms, bell pepper, black olives, mozzarella cubes, artichoke hearts, and pepperoncini.
- 4In a small bowl combine the vinegars and remaining ingredients and whisk well (or put it in a jar, cover, and shake well).
- 5Pour the prepared vinaigrette over the vegetable mixture and toss to coat.
- 6Place in a covered container and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, stirring or shaking occasionally (you can marinate it longer, but no more than 8 hours, because beyond that will effect the texture).
- 7Serve either chilled or at room temperature.
- 8Note: also good with cherry tomatoes added.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Antipasto Bowl
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 65.0
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 4.9 mg
- Sodium 395.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 3.5 g