Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
Do you LOVE garlic? If so, I think you're going to love this recipe as much as we do. From the Garlic Lovers Cookbook. Recipe by MJ Filice-Absolutely Awesome!
- 30 large garlic cloves
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovies
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon parsley, minced
- Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- olive oil (to saute garlic slices, about 1/4 cup)
- 1 baguette, thinly sliced, toasted
- Peel garlic cloves, slice off the ends of each clove and set aside. Slice cloves 1/8 inch thick.
- Pass the ends through a garlic press and measure 1/4 teaspoons Save any leftovers for later use.
- Place pressed garlic in a small bowl with anchovy fillets. Add parsley, butter, 1 tsp oil, and tabasco. Mash into a paste. Cover and refrigerate.
- Heat about 1/4 cup olive oil in a saute pan, add garlic slices, and saute to a light golden brown. WATCH CLOSELY, burns easily. Remove to paper towel to drain.
- Spread anchovy mixture on toast, garnish with garlic slices.
- Serve with a robust red wine and enjoy!
Great recipe. I only used 8 garlic cloves and 4 anchovy filets and it made plenty of paste and a strong enough flavour for my family, it did 2 turkish breads and about half is still left over. I took some out before adding the anchovy as I had some vegetarians and some people who don't like seafood. I let it sit in the fridge overnight so I had less to do on the day, and I didn't fry the garlic to put on top either. Yum yum!
whoa mama! This is GOOD stuff. I made up a half-batch version just for DH and myself. We enjoyed this with a very good red wine. The flavour is outstanding, but not for the meek.