Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a hit at every party where I serve it. It's really simple and all of it can be made ahead of time. I usually add everything to a large ziploc bag and store in the refrigerator until serving time. One of the ingredients that I always add are gardinere, but Zaar doesn't recognize it. The leftovers are really good mixed in a salad too. From Prego Easy Italian Recipes.
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing, Marie's Zesty Fat Free Italian
- 22 ounces pepperoncini peppers, Vlasic, drained
- 6 ounces ripe olives, drained
- 8 slices provolone cheese, cubed
- 2 cups mushrooms, halved
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces pepperoni slices
- lettuce leaf, for garnishment
- salami, slices (optional)
- pepperoni slice (optional)
- whole green onion (optional)
- Fontina cheese, cubes (optional)
- monterey jack pepper cheese, cubes (optional)
- baby corn (optional)
- Pour vinaigrette into large, shallow nonmetallic dish.
- Add peppers, olives, cheese, mushrooms, tomatoes, and pepperoni.
- Toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Serve on lettuce.
What a great antipasto salad! So pretty and the flavor is wonderful. I couldnt find the Marie's Italian Dressing so I used Kraft and bought some Italian salami to go along with the pepperoni. Not real fond of raw mushrooms so I cut those back to about a cup and served on romaine lettuce leaves. Poured the dressing in a large ziploc bag, added the ingredients, and marinated for 2 hours. Very good! Made and reviewed for the Let's P-A-R-T-Y! December Cooking Event [
Excellent! I love antipasto salads....they are so versatile and quick! I make a similar antipasto salad, but saw yours and thought I'd try it for ZWT 4!
EXCELLENTAY! SIMPLE COLORFUL and FLAVORFUL! I made 8 servings. I used Newman's light Italian dressing, a whole jar of mild sliced pepperoncini peppers, whole black olives, sliced provolone, baby bella mushrooms, sweet cherry tomatoes and light pepperoni. I served it atop lettuce leaves. I really loved the big chunky ingredients. My hubby couldn't get enough of this...he didn't want to share with me and Freddy. Made for the Zaar tag game.