1/3 Photos of Antipasto
1 hr 30 mins
Kansas A's Note:
This has to be one of the best antipasto recipes ever! The original recipe came from one of those cookbooks where everyone submits a recipe but it has been modified. The only reason for this is when my Dad and Sister were making it they weren't sure if you were supposed to drain the olives and pickled onions, ...they didn't and it came out great! The longer you can let it sit the better it taste. It is quite a costly recipe to make so what I do is buy the "sale" items throughout the year and make it up a bit before Christmas, that's why I'm posting it now---watch for sales :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (14 ounce) cans olives, ripe, sliced
- 3 (14 ounce) cans green olives, sliced
- 4 heads cauliflower florets, small
- 3 (12 ounce) jars pickled onions
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 6 (10 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms
- 4 green peppers, chopped
- 5 (14 ounce) cans green beans, chopped
- 8 cups ketchup, Heinz (The large can at Costco is just the right size)
- frozen shrimp or 4 -5 shrimp, rings or 5 (6 ounce) cans shrimp
- 6 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water (I buy one big tuna can at Costco)
- 2 quarts dill pickles, chopped
- 3/4 cup white vinegar (see NOTE!!)
- 1Mix first 5 ingredients in large pot. Boil 5 minutes.
- 2Add next 4 ingredients, boil 10 minutes.
- 3Add balance of ingredients. Try not to break up shrimp and tuna too much. Bring to just boiling.
- 4Process in a hot water bath for 15 minutes.
- 5Note: *Drain everything except olives and pickled onion juice. Biffy and Frank's flub (taste great.) Omit vinegar.
- 6Optional - small amount of brown sugar, HP sauce, chopped garlic, hot pepper sauce (dried or fresh) WE NEVER USE THESE.
- 7Something sure has changed with Recipe Zaar! When trying to put the ingredients in it was a big pain in the butt for the sizes. I've converted the grams to ounces but I didn't have everything in my cupboard to actually look at so I guessed. But most cans come pretty standard, and the "Frozen Shrimp" is a large bag -- it wouldn't let me put just "large.".
Nutritional Facts for Antipasto
Serving Size: 1 (14463 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.9
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 16.0 mg
- Sodium 2654.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 16.5 g