1 hr 10 mins
the best antipasto I've ever come across, the recipe is requested with every serving. Wonderful on crackers and have used it as a cold topper for a brie cheese wheel. (Originally from "Georgian Bay Gourmet, Winter entertaining")
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large green peppers
- 4 large carrots
- 2 cans pitted black olives
- 1 (16 ounce) jar broken green olives
- 2 (12 ounce) jars pickling onions
- 2 (4 ounce) cans pimientos
- 1 (48 ounce) jar sweet pickles
- 1 large cauliflower
- 8 ounces olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 (15 ounce) bottles ketchup
- 1 (15 ounce) bottle hot ketchup
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 (5 1/2 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 (14 ounce) cans artichokes
- 2 (10 ounce) cans mushroom pieces
- 2 cans anchovies, chopped
- 3 (7 ounce) cans solid tuna
- 1Chop green peppers, cut carrots into julienne strips.
- 2Chop ripe olives, green olives, pickled onions, pimento, sweet pickle and set aside.
- 3Break cauliflower into bite sized pieces.
- 4Put 2 oz of olive oil into frying pan and add 2 cloves garlic, add cauliflower and saute.
- 5Remove from heat and set aside.
- 6In a large pot add remaining olive oil and saute the remaining 3 cloves of garlic, add ketchup, wine, tomato paste and oregano.
- 7Add chopped vegetables, pickles, olives, artichokes, pimento, cauliflower and mushrooms.
- 8Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 9Add anchovies and tuna to mixture and bring to a boil, stirring constantly to prevent sticking.
- 10Serve for use immediately, refrigerate for up to 2 weeks, place in containers for freezing or place immediately in hot sterilized jars. [Editors note: Canning low acid foods such as olives or fish, has some heath concerns, we recommend that you read all comments below.]
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Antipasto
Serving Size: 1 (8216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.5
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.0 mg
- Sodium 2106.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 44.9 g
- Protein 17.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pitted black olives