Recipe by mmlwjr
Serve with stoned wheat thins as an appetizer--they will want more. You could add jalapeno peppers if you like "HOT".
Top Review by MontanaRose
Last year I made this exactly as posted. It was good and went really fast but the taste of a friend's recipe better. This year I changed the recipe to include 1 whole bulb of garlic (about 9 large cloves), 3 jalepeno peppers (seeded), and an extra jar of green olives, olive oil in place of salad oil and flavored vinegar instead of regular to 2 lbs. each of vegetables. It's not hot and just the taste I was looking for. Thank you so much for posting this, when my girlfriend heard I was making this yesterday she was all but begging for a jar or 2.
- 2 (398 ml) packages green beans
- 1 (7 ounce) jar pickling onions
- 1 large purple onion
- 2 lbs green peppers
- 2 lbs red peppers
- 2 lbs cauliflower
- 2 lbs cucumbers
- 2 (398 ml) cans black olives
- 2 (398 ml) cans mushrooms
- 1 (7 ounce) jar green olives (or how many you want)
- 2 (4 ounce) cans shrimp or 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna or 2 (6 ounce) cans crab
- 8 cups ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Take first 9 ingredients, cut into small pieces or use a food processor (some I like to chop myself ie:olives, mushroom, cucumbers) put into a large pot, add oil ketchup vinegar stir boil 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp and gr olives.
- Bring to a boil then put into hot sterilized jars.
- Process 15 minutes.
- Takes about 3 hours total depending on if you use a processor or not.