Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I know people love their roses. If you have some you may want to try this home brew. From Woman's Day 4/20/99
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ivory bath soap
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon epsom salts
- 1 gallon water
- Mix all the ingredients into a large bowl.
- Store in a clean gallon container with lid.
- To use: Spray on both sides of plant leaves; repeat every 10 days.
- You can use this on lilacs and MOST other flowering plants in the garden, too.
I made a batch of this a few weeks ago, when my roses first started showing signs of 'something'. I'm not sure it was a fungus, but it definitely wasn't bugs! The spray seems to have limited the damage, and prevented any spreading. The leaves that had the problem still look the same, but it has not spread.