Recipe by Chocolatl
Another recipe for the popular Peruvian street food. Adapted from Pan American's Complete Round the World Cookbook. Prep time does not include overnight marinating time.
- 1 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 lbs beef heart meat, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine vinegar, cayenne, saffron, garlic, peppercorns, salt and water in a large bowl.
- Add meat and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Remove meat from marinade and place on skewers.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Grill until tender, 3-4 minutes on each side.