Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Beef heart anticuchos (Peruvian-style brochettes). Preparation time is estimated since I have never made these yet. Recipe taken from The Art of Peruvian Cuisine, by Tony Custer.
- Aji panca:.
- Stem and devein the ajies (keep some veins for a very spicy paste).
- Toast in dry skillet over high heat for a few minutes, then blanche.
- Blanche 1, 2, or 3 times (in a change of water each time) for more or less spiciness. Spiciness reduces with each blanching.
- Process ajies in a blender or food processor with a steel blade, with just enough water and oil to make a thick paste.
- Push the mixture through a fine sieve.
- Discard any remaining skin and veins.
- Yield: 1 cup.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Remove all skin and sinews from the heart.
- Cut meat into large bits-sized pieces.
- Place 3-4 pieces onto bamboo skewers, and marinade overnight.
- When ready to prepare, remove from marinade and sprinkle with salt.
- Barbecue for about 3 minutes per side over very high heat. Baste with extra oil and remaining marinade as necessary.
- Serve immediately.