Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
I have always disliked getting mushrooms in my green bean casserole and I am picky about onions. I combined ideas from my mother and a very good friend along with my own spin on onion preparation to make a very tasty new way to enjoy green bean casserole. This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled to accomodate larger groups. When you prepare the onions, you will want to fry them till a dark brown, just short of burning them--some pieces may even be a little crisp.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans
- 1 medium onion, slivered
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- Stirring frequently, fry slivered onions in the olive oil till evenly dark colored.
- In microwave safe casserole dish, stir together can of cream of chicken soup and drained fried onions.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add contents of can of drained green beans to casserole and stir together.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir in cheddar cheese.
- Microwave 1 minute.
- The casserole is now ready to serve.
Tasty, but the consistency was more like soup than casserole. I think next time I'll add an extra can of drained green beans and it will be perfect. My mushroom-allergic husband thanks you!
this was easy, otherwise didn't care much for it.I thought it was too cheesy. Dh liked it but will not make again, we both have to like. Sorry I did not......
I like the other commentor have not tried this yet but i am dealthy allergic and just wanted to say ill be trying it tomorrow, so thanks :)