1/2 Photos of Anti-Depressant Brownies
Who needs drugs when you have these brownies?! They're so rich and chocolately I would NEVER have guessed they're low fat... but the ingredients don't lie! I've found my new favorite brownie recipe. Be careful, though... just like the drugs, they're habit-forming. I got this recipe from TessLouise on the IBS message boards at www.helpforIBS.com.
My Private Note
9x13 in ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray a 9x13" baking pan with cooking oil and set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, whisk together the cocoa and baking soda (I like to sift them together to destroy any lumps in the cocoa).
- 4Blend in the oil, and mix until smooth.
- 5Pour in the boiling water, stirring until the mixture thickens.
- 6Stir in the applesauce, the sugar, and the egg whites; mix until smooth.
- 7Add the flour and the vanilla; blend completely- there should be no lumps.
- 8Pour into the prepared baking pan.
- 9Spread the batter evenly to avoid crispy edges.
- 10Bake for 35 to 40 minutes (25-30 minutes if using a Pyrex pan), until just set in the middle.
- 11Let cool and cut into squares.
- 12Note: I've also halved this and baked it in an 8x8" glass pan and it was done in about 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Anti-Depressant Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.4
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 36.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 1.8 g