Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe comes from my 14 year old son and one of his buddies, who, when feeling hungry one afternoon, found crepe batter and some other stuff in the fridge and got creative! I know if I came up with this, he never would have even tried it :)
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- vegetable oil
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 -2 cup diced fresh tomato
- dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- Beat eggs, flour, salt and milk until smooth.
- Cover and chill for an hour.
- Stir well before using.
- Lightly grease a crepe pan or 7 inch frying pan with vegetable oil and heat over medium-high.
- Pour a scant 1/4 cup batter in pan and quickly tilt pan so batter evenly covers bottom.
- When lightly browned underneath, carefully turn or flip over.
- Sprinkle with 1/8 cup cheese.
- When cheese has melted and bottom of crepe is lightly browned, slide crepe onto serving plate.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes, oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll up or fold"burrito" style.
- Repeat until you run out of batter.
This made a nice quick and easy lunch. The flavor reminded me of pizza. Your son thought up a nice recipe. Thanks Karen and Anthony. Bullwinkle