Recipe by katzmichelle
I am not the master behind this chili. Ground pork and Italian sausage make this a meaty affair. Serve with crispy thin tortilla chips, hot sauce, and sour cream.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground pork
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 medium sweet pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1 large Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 -2 cup water, divided
- 2 medium onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon hot chili powder
- 0.5 (6 ounce) can green chilies
- 2 tablespoons tamarind juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground pork with celery salt and pepper in a frying pan.
- Add crushed tomatoes and beans to slow cooker.
- Add the browned pork to the slow cooker.
- Brown Italian sausage with garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, and paprika.
- Add sausage to slow cooker.
- Add tiny bit of water.
- Chop ontiions and tomatoes; saute; add to slow cooker.
- Add chili powder; taste first to make sure it isn't too salty.
- Add green chilies, tamarind juice, brown sugar and soy sauce.
- Add water, about half a cup, to make sauce thinner.
- Simmer for about 2 hours for the flavors to really mix together.
- Serve with sour cream, cheese, chives, thin crispy tortilla chips, or anything ya want!