Recipe by littleturtle
From one of my favorite local restaurants. Adding 1/2-1 lb of diced smoked turkey breast to the salad mix turns this into a nice light lunch on it's own.
Top Review by Bert's Kitchen Witch
Great salad!I used white balsamic and added a little more bleu cheese and garlic to the dressing.I will be using this dressing again.I love it! Thanks for sharing littleturtle! Made for World Tour.
- 1 1⁄8 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar or 1⁄2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 lb blue cheese, finely crumbled
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1⁄2 small red cabbage, shredded
- crouton (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, pepper, and salt until well blended; fold in cheese.
- Break the leaves off of both heads of lettuce, tear them by hand; wash and drain.
- In a large wooden bowl, toss lettuce with shredded carrots and cabbage.
- Garnish with croutons and top with dressing to taste.