1/3 Photos of Anthony's Garlic Prawns
This recipe was cooked by 10 year old (yes that is right just 10 years old) Anthony in the first Australian Junior Masterchef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 80 ml olive oil (1/3 cup)
- 6 garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 2 chilies (small red deseeded and finely chopped)
- 1 kg prawns (green or raw peel with tails intact devein)
- 1/2 cup basil leaves (finely shredded)
- 8 slices crusty bread (to serve)
- 8 lemon wedges (to serve)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Remove the crusts from the sourdough bread, then roughly tear bread into pieces and place bread in the food processor, cover with the lid, then whiz until you have coarse breadcrumbs.
- 3Spread the breadcrumbs over a small oven tray, then bake for 5 minutes, then remove the tray from the oven, then give the breadcrumbs a stir and then bake for a further 5 minutes or until dry, but not coloured, set aside to cool.
- 4Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat and add the garlic and chilli and cook stirring for 30 seconds and then add the prawns and cook, turning for 4 minutes or until just cooked.
- 5Add the breadcrumbs and basil and cook for 1 minute or until combined and well coated and then season with salt and pepper.
- 6Serve with crusty bread and lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Anthony's Garlic Prawns
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 814.9
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 315.0 mg
- Sodium 2239.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 54.0 g