Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a healthier version of Anthony's Favorite Stuffed Shells. We've reduced the calories down from 656, the fat down from 34.4g, and the carbs down from 47.7g. All Lite-Bleu recipes are complete meals that we designed for our weight loss diet. Please visit our homepage for more info.
- 8 ounces low-carb pasta, jumbo shells, cooked
- 16 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces fat-free cottage cheese
- 8 ounces reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 cup fat-free parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 425°F In a large bowl, mix ricotta, cottage, and mozzerella cheeses, parsley, salt, pepper, and eggs thoroughly.
- Pour 2 cups of the sauce in a 9x13x2" pan. Fill shells with cheese mixture generously, and place into the pan with the sauce.
- Drizzle remaining sauce lightly over the top of the shells. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake 30-40 minutes until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
We really enjoyed this pasta dish! I had manicotti shells on hand so I used an 8 ounce box. The shells do tear so I would suggest undercooking them a bit. Filled the shells full and the extra cheese mixture I had I spread on top of the stuffed shells than poured the rest of the spaghetti sauce over. Used Prego Chunky Garden tomato, onion, and garlic flavor and ran out of mozzarella cheese so added about a handful of shredded parmesan. Loved the light creamy cheese mixture in the pasta shells! Didnt miss having meat in the sauce and will make this again.
I've made this several times for my family on our "meatless Monday" and they can't get enough. If you use 24 jumbo shells the filling should be exactly enough to stuff them nicely. I use a can of Hunts spaghetti sauce and use 1-3/4 cup in bottom of pan and use the rest over the shells. An excellent recipe I'll be making again and again!
Made these when my vegetarian son & DIL were here for supper & they thoroughly enjoyed these wonderful stuffed shells, as did we! Used some of the homemade meatless pasta sauce that I keep in the freezer mostly for when those 2 are here! Loved the flavor of your dish & will make it again, for sure! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]