My niece Shwana loves this! She always writes my name "Ant" Kelly when we play Rummy or Scrabble - started when she was little and stuck. I always make this when we go tubing in Wisconsin. Prep time includes time to marinate.
- Mix all marinade ingredients together.
- Lightly score meat in a diamond pattern on each side.
- Place meat in a resealable bag. Pour in marinade. Squish meat and marinade around to get all the nooks and crannies.
- Marinate in refrigerator 2-3 hours or up to 24 hours, rotating occasionally.
- 20-30 minutes before cooking take meat out of the refrigerator to come up in temperature.
- Cook in the broiler or on the grill 5-7 minutes per side depending on thickness and desired doneness.
- **For camping - Place the fresh London broil and marinade in a zipperbag, squeeze out as much air as possible, seal, place inside a vacuum pack bag. Vacuum pack and freeze (I like to vacuum pack the zipper back to guard against leaks in the cooler). Put frozen in the camping cooler, after a day or two it is defrosted and can be cooked on the grill with minimal preparation and mess.**.