Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
A cute cake that kids will love
- 30 Oreo cookies
- 1 (13 ounce) bag peppermint patties
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream
- 20 vanilla wafers
- 8 chocolate-covered almonds
- 8 round chocolate-covered caramel candies
- black decorating gel
- candy corn (to garnish)
- Place Oreo's in food processor and process to coarse texture.
- Add peppermint patties and process to coarse texture.
- Coat a 10 inches spring form pan with cooking spray, add cookie mixture and press down gently to coat bottom and up 1/2 inches on the sides.
- By spoonfuls, add ice cream.
- Use back of a spoon to smooth ice cream evenly on the top.
- Cover with foil and freeze overnight.
- Place vanilla wafers in food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place in a sealed bag until needed and store at room temperature.
- Remove rim of spring form pan and place cake on serving platter.
- On one side of cake, slowly pour vanilla wafer crumbs to form a mound, or "anthill.".
- Arrange "ants" on cake using one chocolate covered almond for each body and one chocolate covered caramel for each head.
- Pipe on eyes and legs with gel.
- Garnish with candy corn.