Recipe by DoryJean54
They were making this on our news channel. It's one of the anchormen's mom's recipe, that she has been making for years. Good for a brunch.
Top Review by christinemr
Amazing!! I'm so glad someone finally put a monkey bread recipe up that is made with real dough instead of biscuit tubes. The only change I made> I did not put the brown sugar on the bottom. When the rolls were done baking I made a icing from 1 C powdered sugar 2 Tbs milk and 1 tsp vanilla poured over the top flipped the rolls over onto foil and poured the icing over the bottom. So perfectly delicious!!
- 2 loaves rhodes sweet roll dough (thawed)
- 1⁄4 cup pecans (whole or chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, plus
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a bundt pan with cooking spray (buttered flavored), arrange pecans on bottom of pan.
- Sprinkle 3 tbsp of brown sugar over the pecans.
- In deep mixing bowl combine both sugars, cinnamon and mix well.
- Melt butter and mix with vanilla.
- Cut loaves in half and then into eights (each loaf should have 16 slices).
- Roll each slice into a ball and dip in butter mixture.
- Toss them into the sugar mixture to coat and layer on top of the pecan mixture in the pan.
- Continue the process until all the slices /balls are coated and in the pan.
- Let rise in a warm place until double in size.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and invert onto serving platter.
- Allow the bread to rest about 5 minutes before removing the bundt pan.
- Serve warm.
- May prepare this the night before, follow the directions and cover with wax paper, it will continue to raise in the refrigerator overnight.
- After you take it out let it come to room temperature, then just follow the baking directions.