Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Leeks, feta and black olives make the difference! Lots of taste and not too heavy on the calories. Adapted from Canadian Living mag.
- 4 new potatoes, about 1 1/2 lbs
- 3 leeks, thinly sliced (white and light green parts)
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise (if you prefer) or 1⁄4 cup salad dressing (if you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup cubed or crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cover and cook potatoes until tender, about 25-30 minutes.
- With slotted spoon, remove and let cool; peel and cut into 3/4 inch cubes.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, blanch leeks and celery in same boiling water for 20 seconds; drain well and add to potatoes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, parsley, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper; pour over veggies and mix well.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and olives.
This was great! We used baby blue potatoes and did not peel them. We used only 2 leeks, rather than 3. Just fantastic. Thank you!
A very nice potato salad and different too. Actually never tried leeks in a potato salad, great combination. Made it exactly as stated. The only comment is that we found the dressing a wee bit too lemony. Will perhaps use less lemon juice next time. Or sub one teaspoon lemon for one teaspoon vinegar. Anyway, we enjoyed it and it will be made again. Thanks for posting.
An excellent potato salad..and easy to make too..there were just the two of us so I cut quantities: 1 lb spuds, 1 large leek, celery as called for, bit less feta and olives..kept the dressing ingredients the same..used new red potato nuggets,mixed the feta and olives right in with the rest and..what great flavours there were happening here! Light blanching of the celery and leek makes all the difference. Served this with #504 Salmon Fillet, some white wine..simply divine! Thank you derf, you have great recipes!