Leeks, feta and black olives make the difference! Lots of taste and not too heavy on the calories. Adapted from Canadian Living mag.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 new potatoes, about 1 1/2 lbs
- 3 leeks, thinly sliced (white and light green parts)
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise (if you prefer) or 1/4 cup salad dressing (if you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup cubed or crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cover and cook potatoes until tender, about 25-30 minutes.
- 2With slotted spoon, remove and let cool; peel and cut into 3/4 inch cubes.
- 3Place in a large bowl.
- 4Meanwhile, blanch leeks and celery in same boiling water for 20 seconds; drain well and add to potatoes.
- 5In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, parsley, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper; pour over veggies and mix well.
- 6Sprinkle with feta cheese and olives.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Another Wonderful Potato Salad (With Leeks)
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.2
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.1 mg
- Sodium 385.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 4.4 g