Recipe by Annacia
I have served this using brown rice and whole wheat cous cous both are very good. A neighbor who wanted the recipe made it using spaghetti and said her family enjoyed it that way. Just goes to show that there is never just one way to fix anything. It takes me about 30 minutes to wash and prep everything but after that it goes really fast.
Top Review by SmoochTheCook
I made this with my supper tonight and the veggies were perfect! There just seemed like there was something missing with the rice..it was kind of bland. Next time, I might use veg. broth to boil the rice. Thanks for the simple, delicious recipe!
- 2 cups asparagus
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped (1 medium pepper)
- 1 1⁄4 cups zucchini, chopped (2 small)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a 2-quart saucepan with enough water to cover asparagus and broccoli. Boil water and cook asparagus and broccoli for about 4 minutes or until crisp-tender and drain.
- Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-heat. Cook asparagus, broccoli, bell pepper, zucchini and onion in oil about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until onion is crisp-tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until hot.