Recipe by Baby Kato
This sauce is so quick and easy to make, it takes any pasta dish to a new level. Simple pasta, marinara sauce and parmesan cheese...yummy! We prefer it served in our favorite lasagna or manacotti dish. I never buy store bought any longer, not when its this easy to make dishes taste special.
Top Review by Julie B's Hive
A really good quality sauce. Lots of olive oil, I agree, but we like it that way. Left mine a bit on the chunky side, again to please the family. Made for Aus/NZ recipe swap #56.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons parsley, fresh, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons onions, sweet, finely chopped
- 28 ounces tomatoes, whole stewed (good quality, broken up)
- 1 bay leaf (fresh if possible)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, sea, fine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, black, fresh ground
- 1 teaspoon sugar, white
- 3 tablespoons basil, finely chopped (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat pan, on medium heat and olive oil and garlic, sauteing for 3 minutes.
- Add parsley, onions and tomatoes to garlic oil and stir well.
- Next add the bay leaf, salt, pepper and sugar, bring to a boil, cover and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with basil and use in your favorite dish.