Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great dipping sauce for spicy shrimp, and a nice accompaniment for almost any fish dish.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (prepared)
- 3 -6 drops Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 8 fluid ounces light olive oil
- lemon juice, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely chopped or 3 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1⁄4 cup sour dill pickle, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers, chopped and drained (may substitute anchovy paste, to taste)
- Place the egg yolk in a mixing bowl and add the vinegar, mustard, Tabasco, salt and pepper to taste.
- Beat vigorously for a second or two with a wire whisk or electric beater.
- Start adding the oil gradually, beating continuously with the whisk or electric beater.
- Continue beating and adding oil until all of it is used.
- Add more salt to taste if necessary, and the lemon juice.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend well.