Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nearly all my dressings use tahini! This is one that I've modified from "May All Be Fed" by John Robbins. It's fairly thin, but has a mild lemony taste which is great on a garden salad. Plus I've made it lower-fat. So enjoy! (Serving size is 2 Tbsp.)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flax seed oil (I use Udo's blend)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons tahini
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (more to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a jar with a tight lid and shake well.
- Before serving, refrigerate at least 10 minutes, if possible. The dressing will taste good served immediately, but it is a lot thinner at first.
- Add more tahini, lemon juice, tamari or water if desired.
- Will keep for 1 week.
Oh, this was wonderful over greens, carrots and tomatoes! Thanks for another great dressing!
Wonderful!!! Oh so yummy I really enjoyed this one I made it to go over a warm spinach salad to accompany some fish I had made. It not only paired perfectly but the dressing was really outstanding. We all said loved, loved and loved. This is a definite keeper and I will be looking forward to trying some of your other salad dressings over summer, which are saved to my cookbook. Thanks for a great post