- 3 1⁄2 cups unsifted flour
- 1⁄2 cup softened margarine
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light molasses
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Mix in large bowl high speed butter, sugar& egg until light& fluffy.
- Add molasses& lemon peel.
- Beat until well blended.
- Stir in flour mix.
- Wrap in wax paper& refrigerate overnight.
- Roll out 1/8" thick& cut with cookie cutters.
- Bake 375 on lightly greased baking sheet.