Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
What's wrong with adding one more sunomono recipe to the Recipezaar database? From Healthy First Courses. I replaced brown sesame seeds in original recipe with black. If using brown sesame seeds, lightly toast. A real palate cleanser preparing you for that next bite of yummy teriyaki chicken!
- 2 English cucumbers, peeled, cut in half lengthwise, seeded, then cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 -2 green onion, cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces then thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon shoyu
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (regular or seasoned)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- In a medium sized glass bowl, whisk together the dressing.
- Add the cucumber slices and toss to coat.
- Place on a platter and garnish with the green onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve slightly chilled or best at room temperature.