Recipe by CURLEYBERLEY
I know there are a thousand stuffed mushroom recipes. I like this one and tend to make it. I think it is versatile because I have added shrimp, crab and other types of cheeses and it always turns out well. I also like the filling because I don't feel like it's too dense.
- 10 large mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry marsala
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean mushrooms; remove and chop stem. Place in 13 X 9" pan.
- Melt 2 Tbs. butter; brush mushrooms inside and out with butter.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining butter over medium heat and cook stems, celery and onion for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add Marsala; simmer 5 minutes or until almost dry.
- Turn off heat, stir in breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic salt, 2 Tbs. parmesan cheese and egg.
- Stuff caps, sprinkle with remaining cheese. (If you feel the need to add additional fat, you can drizzle with melted butter. I don't usually.).
- Bake in 350 oven for 15 minutes or until cheese melts.