Recipe by Chef Mommie
I looked to Zaar to see if this way of making tea was on here, but I gave up in my search. My son's pre-school teacher gave me this recipe and it works best for me.
- 1 gallon water (or less)
- 4 family-size tea bags
- 1 -2 cup sugar (I use about 1 1/4 cup, the teacher used 2 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2 qt pot, bring about 5 cups of water to a full boil.
- Add the four family size tea bags and remove from heat.
- Set your timer for 5 minutes (and 5 minutes ONLY!).
- During this time add sugar to gallon sized tea pitcher.
- When 5 minutes are up, add tea to sugar in pitcher and press gently on tea bags to remove left in liquid and stir. Discard tea bags.
- While stirring, add rest of water to pitcher filling to about two or three inches from top. (watching color, I do about three inches from top.
- Pour over a tall glass of ice and enjoy the goodness!