1/3 Photos of Another Southern Iced Tea
Chef Mommie's Note:
I looked to Zaar to see if this way of making tea was on here, but I gave up in my search. My son's pre-school teacher gave me this recipe and it works best for me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 2 qt pot, bring about 5 cups of water to a full boil.
- 2Add the four family size tea bags and remove from heat.
- 3Set your timer for 5 minutes (and 5 minutes ONLY!).
- 4During this time add sugar to gallon sized tea pitcher.
- 5When 5 minutes are up, add tea to sugar in pitcher and press gently on tea bags to remove left in liquid and stir. Discard tea bags.
- 6While stirring, add rest of water to pitcher filling to about two or three inches from top. (watching color, I do about three inches from top.
- 7Pour over a tall glass of ice and enjoy the goodness!
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Another Southern Iced Tea
Serving Size: 1 (499 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 24.9 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
family-size tea bags