Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love sour cream and chicken and am always looking for a new way to fix it. This was well received by the family. All I served it with was some boiled new potatoes. Of course, I went a little heavy on the broccoli, but that's only because we love it so much!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen broccoli, cooked & drained well
- 1 (16 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat over to 375 degrees F.
- Season chicken with salt& pepper.
- In small skillet, melt butter; add onion and garlic and saute for a few minutes.
- Add paprika and mix.
- Smush chicken in the mixture, coating well.
- Place in shallow baking dish.
- Spoon leftover onion mixture over breasts.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Cover with foil and bake 10 more minutes.
- Arrange drained, hot broccoli on top of and around chicken.
- Mix sour cream and mayonnaise and spoon over all.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil low in oven for 10 minutes.
What a tasty dish! I used olive oil mayonnaise and added some garlic-pepper salt to the mayo-sour cream mixture. I also didn't broil as I was baking something else, but uncovered the pan and baked it for 15 minutes. I think that was better, because broiling would have burned the cheese (I used fresh grated Parmesan), whereas baking it made it come out melty-gooey. I can see this working well with the addition of mushrooms, sliced carrots, and/or cauliflower as well.
It may be just another Sour Cream Chicken, but it's a darn good one, and it was well liked by my tribe! We will have this again, and next time I may add in some fresh mushrooms with the broccoli!
This is FABULOUS! We loved this today, I made it for a special British Mothering Sunday Lunch! I used 2 large breasts for the two of us and cut them into large pieces, as they were so large. I used creme fraiche in place of sour cream as we don't get sour cream in France. I smushed the chicken well, so they had a great paprika and crusty crust before being baked for the designated time. I served this with extra broccoli and mashed potatoes with country style beans. Made for Special Meals in the photo's forum and for the Paprika spice of the month in the French forum, merci Aunt Sana, love this. FT:-)